Students working in the lab will be trained to run chemical and biological testing on brewery samples that are submitted to the lab. You will also have the opportunity to help with workshops and research.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strictly follow QC2 standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure accurate, precise, reproducible data is generated and presented to clients
- Work independently and communicate effectively while working in the lab
- Carefully document all work performed in a laboratory notebook
- Wear proper PPE and safely handle chemical reagents
- Uphold lab etiquette and work in a professional, ethical manner
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2.5 GPA
- Open to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors (as of 2022/2023 academic year)
- Must have successfully completed two semesters of college chemistry
- This is a part-time position starting as early as mid-April and continuing through the summer with the possibility of extending through the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Federal Work Study funds may be used for this position. Barring FWS funding, department funding is available.
- Pay: $15 per hour
- Hours: ≈20 hours/week (summer only); ≈10 hours/week academic year
Interested? Applications can be submitted through the USM Job's Hub, or by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.